- Method 1 : Try Quick Fix Solutions for Missing Mouse in Windows 10
- Method 2: Re-enable your mouse
- Method 3: Check your Mouse Driver
- Method 4: Repair Cursor disappearing with Windows Update.
- Method 5: Uninstall the Mouse driver and reinstall using Windows 10
- Recommendation: Fix Mouse Cursor using Driver Restore Tool
Last Updated on: 9th February 2023, 09:36 am
A missing mouse cursor can be a frustrating experience for anyone working on a Windows 10 computer. It can hinder your productivity and cause stress, especially when you are in the middle of a task and suddenly lose control of your mouse pointer.
However, the good news is that this problem can be fixed in a number of ways. In this article, we will discuss the top 5 methods to resolve the missing mouse cursor issue on Windows 10, so you can get back to your work with ease.
Whether you are a tech-savvy person or someone who has limited knowledge of computers, this article will provide you with step-by-step instructions to help you troubleshoot the problem and restore your mouse cursor.
Some of the most common reasons where users have experienced this problem include:
- After the Windows update
- Switching on the PC after the Sleep Mode
- Sometimes scrolling with your fingers on a laptop touchpad.
- In extreme case, while you are typing using keyboard
Don’t let a disappearing cursor slow you down, take charge and find the solution that works best for you!
Method 1 : Try Quick Fix Solutions for Missing Mouse in Windows 10
Before we start troubleshooting the mouse fixing issues, it is better to check the PC or laptop connectivity. Here is a quick checklist
Reconnect the Mouse
The mouse is connected with the help of a USB cable. If the cursor is missing , you can check the cable connection and the USB port. There can be a loose connection or there might be a fault in the cable. By replacing the cable or by reconnecting it , you can fix the missing mouse.
In the case of a wireless mouse, you can check if the sensor is working properly when you switch on the device or not. There can be an issue with the mouse battery.
Check the Battery or Cable connection
In case of low battery, in Windows 10, the mouse pointer might not be visible on screen. You can recharge the laptop battery and restart the laptop. The mouse might start showing.
When you are working on a PC, check all the hardware cables. If the monitor cable or CPU cable is having a loose connection, the mouse might not appear. You can reconnect the cables and fix the missing mouse issue easily.
Try Using another USB port
The mouse might not appear due to the fault USB port. Try using another port on Laptop or PC to fix the mouse cursor.
Try the Mouse on Other Device
If by trying all the methods, still the mouse cursor is not visible, you can check the mouse on another device. Before proceeding further, just remove the mouse to connect with another device. Sometimes, due to some internal issues, the mouse is not detected on a device. By taking this step , you can check whether the mouse is working or not.
Once you are sure that mouse is working , then you can reconnect the mouse with the device and try fixing the issue. There is an error in mouse detection. Here are some of the other solutions to fix the cursor disappearing issues in Windows 10.
Method 2: Re-enable your mouse
When you update your Windows or your device is switched on from sleep mode, it is possible that your mouse gets disabled. Windows 10 is not able to recognize the previous mouse settings. You can restore the cursor settings and re-enable your mouse in two different ways:
- If you are using a laptop, you can try pressing the key combination on your keyboard that turns on/off your mouse. It is Fn + F3, F5, F9 or F11 ( The key selection is done as per laptop or PC compatibility.
You can also enable your mouse in the mouse settings. To do so:
1) Press the Win key on your keyboard, then type “mouse“. When you see “Mouse settings“ appear in the menu above, press the up or down arrow on your keyboard to highlight it, then press Enter.
In Mouse settings, on the right side there is an option to open Additional Mouse options. Click on it. Press enter on keyboard to select it.
Once you click on additional mouse options, you will be able to see the mouse settings window. It is showing three options.
- You can adjust the mouse settings.
- You can adjust the speed of the mouse
- In the third option, you can see the option (Turn on Clock Lock). If by chance, it is pressed , you can change it.
- After checking, you can click on the OK button.
Method 3: Check your Mouse Driver
The mouse will not work properly, if the mouse driver is outdated or not supporting the mouse settings. In this case, you can download the latest version of driver supporting your mouse. You have to search online for the updated mouse drivers.
Another and most effective way is to download Driver Restore and avoid the hassles of looking for online driver options. Once you subscribe to Driver Restore, it will automatically update the mouse drivers.
Method 4: Repair Cursor disappearing with Windows Update.
One of the easy ways to fix mouse disappearing is checking the Windows Update option.
Using the search bar to find Check for updates is the easiest way to get there.
Now press Win+R to open the command . Type the following command: “msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagonstic”
A prompt will appear where you can troubleshoot the hardware and devices.
Method 5: Uninstall the Mouse driver and reinstall using Windows 10
- Open Device Manager with the command Win+R and type ->” devmgmt.msc”
- By using the tab option using keyboard ,open Mice and other pointing devices.
- Expand/open the menu with the right arrow key.
- Use the down arrow to highlight the mouse you want to use.
- Press Alt, and then a, and then u to trigger the uninstall option.
- Confirm by pressing Spacebar with Uninstall highlighted.
- Restart your computer.
After uninstalling the mouse driver, you can re-install the mouse driver either using the Windows update option or using the “Driver Restore” option.
Recommendation: Fix Mouse Cursor using Driver Restore Tool
Working without a mouse would be annoying and it must be affecting your work.
To prevent such minor yet important issues, use the Driver Restore Tool. With just a few clicks, you can easily update your drivers and restore your mouse cursor to its optimal performance. If you want a smooth, seamless computing experience, you should use a tool to maintain driver updates..
Driver Restore is an effective tool to keep your PC or laptop drivers updated. With time your PC /laptop is likely to have driver issues. For a seamless experience , Driver Restore provides a tool that will automatically update Windows drivers maintaining the security of the devices. A free trial is available for 7 days!
So, don’t waste any more time struggling with an unpredictable cursor. Take control of your computer and download the Driver Restore Tool now. Your cursor, and your workday, will thank you