Before you go ahead and know more about Broadcom 802.11ac network adapter drivers Windows 10, it pays to make yourself acquainted with what is a network adapter.
What is a network adapter?
A network adapter is an essential component of the internal hardware of a computer. The part comes handy in communicating, over a network, with another computer. With the help of a network adapter, a computer gets easily connected with another computer, networking device, or a computer over a LAN connection. The best part of this adapter is that it can be used over a wireless or a wired network.
Now, when you are aware of the network adapter, let us discuss some of the key issues you may face such as –
- Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager
- Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter not connecting to network
- Broadcom 802.11ac network adapter keeps needing to restart after upgrading to Windows 10
Broadcom 802.11ac Network adapter not showing in Device Manager
If you are not able to access the internet, there might be some issue with the drivers. So, you need to check the status of the driver in Device Manager. Unfortunately, if you don’t see the Network Adapter, here are the solutions you can opt for.
There are numerous reasons owing to which you may not be able to see network adapter in Device Manager. You can fix the issue by trying the following four solutions –
- Display hidden devices
- Reset BIOS
- Change NIC Card
Display hidden devices – Some devices may be concealed in Device Manager. Since these devices are hidden; you cannot see them. So, there is a possibility that your network adapter might be hidden. To fix this issue, you will have to make all your hidden devices visible in Device Manager.
You need to follow the steps discussed below –
- Open the Device Manager
- Hit the View menu followed by hitting Show hidden devices
- Hit Action menu following by hitting Scan for hardware changes
- Check if the issue is fixed
Reset BIOS – In case, the network adapter is not showing up in Device Manager, there may be some issue with BIOS (Basic Input/Output Operating System) settings. You can try resetting BIOS to default.
You can reset the BIOS by following below -mentioned points –
- Enter BIOS
- Search Load Setup Defaults, Standard CMOS Features, Reset to Default, Load Factory Defaults, Clear BIOS settings, Load Setup Defaults.
- With the help of the narrow key, save and exit. Once you have done this, hit the enter key or you can also press the key adjacent to Save and Exit.
- In the end, restart your computer to see if the issue has resolved.
Change NIC Card – When you are sure that the network adapter is not missing in Device Manager, there may be an issue with NIC (Network Interface Controller) card. If you are sure that this is the case, then make sure you replace the card with a new one.
Let us divert our attention towards downloading and updating the network adapter driver for Broadcom 802.11ac. If you don’t know how to go about this, read on to know more on this topic.
Firstly, you need to update Broadcom 802.11ac network adapter drivers. Once you have updated the driver, your network connectivity will significantly improve. Besides, this will also help you in offering protection from any probable computer issue shortly.
Broadcom 802.11ac network adapter keeps on restart after upgrading to Windows 10
In case you are going through such a situation and the software/driver up to date, you don’t need to worry as you can fix this issue –
Method A –
Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, see if this helps.
- Hit search bar adjacent to Start Menu
- Now type Troubleshooting but make sure you type with using any quotes
- Hit View All located towards the screen’s left panel.
- Hit Hardware and Devices.
- Hit Next and follow the prompts on-screen to activate the troubleshooter.
Run Internet Connections Troubleshooter and check.
- In the taskbar hit Troubleshooting in the search box.
- Hit Troubleshooting in the search results.
- Now, hit View All subsequently hit Internet Connections.
- Hit Next and follow the on screen prompts.
So, after all this, you have finally decided to download and update Broadcom 802.11ac network adapter drivers for Windows 10 PC/laptop.
But, you are skeptical about the right source from where you can download the driver and how to update them. You don’t need to worry as we will take care of this.
When you update the Broadcom 802.11ac network adapter drivers, it gives a boost to the network connectivity. Besides, you also get to avoid many unforeseen PC/laptop issues in the future.
Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter Drivers Download for Windows 10
- Canon Printer Drivers For Windows 10
- Epson Printer Drivers For Windows 10
- Xbox 360 Controller Drivers For Windows 10
- Dell Drivers For Windows 10
- AMD Graphics Driver for Windows 10
- ASUS Drivers For Windows 10
- Lenovo Drivers For Windows 10
- NVIDIA Drivers in Windows 10
- Acer Drivers For Windows 10
Manually Download Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter Drivers For Windows 10
For this method, you need to go to the official website of the manufacturer of your computer. Once you have reached the website, look for the latest Broadcom 802.11ac network adapter driver download for Windows 10 PC/laptop.
Note: Make sure you choose the driver that matches the model number of your personal computer and also the version of your Windows.
Download Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter Drivers For Windows 10 With Driver Restore
If you don’t have the right proficiencies to download and update the driver manually, you can opt for the automatic method with Driver Restore. It is important that you are well-versed with the system on which your computer is running. This is a crucial step as you don’t want to download & install an incorrect driver. Driver Restore has got this covered.
Follow the below-discussed steps –
- You need to download and install Driver Restore.
- Run Driver Restore and hit the button of Scan Now.
- Driver Restore will then initiate the scan of your PC/laptop and identify if there are any problem drivers.
- You need to hit Click Update adjacent to Broadcom 802.11ac network adapter. This will down the correct version of driver automatically, then yo proceed further to install it manually. You can also opt for Update All, this will download and install the correct version of all the drivers (outdated or missing) automatically.
(Graphical Rep of the above mentioned steps)
- How To Fix Windows 10 Mouse And Keyboard Not Working Issues?
- Fix Bluetooth Not Working in Windows 10 Problem
- Fix Run Time Error ‘339’ In Windows 10
- Fix HP Printer Drivers Windows 10 Issues
- Fix ‘USB Not Detected’ & Connectivity Issues In Windows 8
- How To Update Drivers In Windows 10
- How to Update Drivers in Windows 7
- How to Update Drivers in Windows 8