Fix Update Brother Printer Drivers Issues In Windows 10
- Brother Printer Drivers Download & Update for Windows 10
- What causes Brother Printer Driver Errors ?
- What are the Common Brother Printer driver Issues?
- FIX: Brother Printer Not Detected in Control Center
- Step 1 – Clear Twain, Twunk, and .mtx files in the temporary folder
- Step 2 – Clean registry of the computer with CCleaner
- Brother machine printing wrong colors
- How To Download & Update Brother Printer Drivers Windows 10?
- Method 1 –Downloading the drivers from official website
- Method 2–Updating Brother Printer Drivers through Device Manager
- Method 3 – Brother printer drivers download automatically
- Method 4 – Updating Brother Printer Drivers manually
After you upgrade your system to Windows 10, if the Brother Printer drivers are not working, you don’t need to panic as fixing them is not an arduous task. There are a number of ways through which you can download and install Brother Printer Drivers in Windows 10 easily and fix Brother Printer Drivers Issues.
Before we go ahead and get acquainted with the ways to download Brother Printer Drivers, let us first explore various other aspects such as –
- What Causes Brother Printer Driver Errors
- Common Issues in Brother Printer Driver Windows 10
- Updating brother printer drivers using Driver Update Tool
- Where to Download Brother printer drivers for Windows 10
- Update Brother printer drivers via Device Manager
- Update your printer driver manually
- Update Brother printer drivers in Windows 10 automatically
- How to troubleshoot Brother printer drivers in Windows 10
Brother Printer Drivers Download & Update for Windows 10
Let us discuss points mentioned above in detail –
The most common Brother printer driver issues and troubleshooting involves:
|brother printer drivers dcp-t310||Brother bt6000bk driver||Brother Printer driver hl 1110||Brother Printer driver hl 1111|
|Brother Printer driver hl 2280dw||brother hl-2270dw driver is unavailable windows 10||Brother Printer driver Windows 8||brother dcp t130 driver|
|Brother drivers mfc-j430w||Brother drivers mfc-7860dw||Brother drivers mfc-6490cw||brother dcp t510w driver|
|brother drivers 2270dw||brother dcp-t710w driver||brother lc61 printer driver||brother dcp l2520d printer|
What causes Brother Printer Driver Errors ?
Many users, across the globe, have expressed serious concern with Brother Printer Drivers after updating to Windows 10.
Brother Printer users are of the view of that the printer is not even capable of carrying out key tasks such as printing and scanning. The principal reason you are facing this issue is that the Brother Printer Drivers needs to be updated. This becomes a necessity after the update to Windows 10.
The drivers of your printer have either become corrupted or gone missing, especially when you put them in various software apps or when you update your OS.
Most of the times, the printer and even Windows operating system need a precise motorist to match. There are two situations where your printer will not work –when you have set up (manually) no way driver and secondly when you locate a wrong printer driver. Since the Brother Printer Drivers are oblivious, your computer/laptop will not be able to discern the Brother Printer.
What are the Common Brother Printer driver Issues?
Downloaded Brother printer driver won’t install
To deal with this issue, you need to check three things –
Where did you save the file– Let us assume you have downloaded in the folder having a long path, there are strong probabilities that the installation will not be a success.
- As far as choosing the location to download the self-extracting file, you have to make a temporary folder (e.g. –Brother) precisely beneath the root directory (C:\Brother).
- The temporary folder you have created in the first step should be used to download the file.
- At this point, you need to open the folder and double click on the self-extracting file. It is important to define the temporary folder in the self-extractor dialog box and then proceed ahead with extracting it.
- In the next step, you need to open the extracted folder and double click “D_SETUP/EXE”/. This will trigger the installer.
- You need to follow the directions on the screen.
Have you executed the download file– If you thought that downloading and extracting the downloaded file will not prove helpful in installing the drivers. To move ahead with the installation –
- Open the extracted folder
- Double-click on “D_SETUP/EXE”. This will trigger the installer.
- Follow the screen mentioned on the screen.
Which driver did you download – After all this, if you receive the error “Set up Start Error code 2”, it can also be Code 193, Code 216, or Code 267, then you may have selected the wrong driver for your OS. Make sure you check your operating system once again and re-install correct drivers.
Also Read – How To Fix HP Printer Drivers Windows 10 Issues?
FIX: Brother Printer Not Detected in Control Center
In this case [Ref. 1], you will receive an error stating that(your printer model number) the LAN was not found. There can be a plethora of reasons such as registry keys becoming corrupt to security issues or might be the entries you have created following a Windows update. It has been noticed that usually, such a problem can arise in the wireless printers.
Fortunately, all you need is to follow the below-discussed two steps to fix this issue. These steps will also assist your computer in detecting, displaying, and communicating with your Brother Printer.
Also Read – How To Fix Windows 10 Printer Problems?
Step 1 – Clear Twain, Twunk, and .mtx files in the temporary folder
You need to hold Windows Key and Press R. In the Run Dialog, you have to type %temp% and followed by clicking Ok.
In the Temp folder, you will have to delete terms like twain or twunk or have files with.mtx as extension. When you have removed such files, you need to restart your PC/laptop. This will help in detecting your Brother Printer.
Step 2 – Clean registry of the computer with CCleaner
- If step 1 didn’t prove beneficial for you, you can use CCleaner to clean the registry of your PC/laptop.
- First, you need to download CCleaner and hit on the Free Download and install in your computer/laptop.
- Open the CCleaner and move to the Registry.
- Towards the right-handpane, make sure you have used a checkmark against all the items. You can do this by clicking all the checkboxes.
- Now, you need to hit Scan for Issues, make sure you allow the scan to complete.
- Once the scan is over, you have to ensure that the detected issues have the checkmark against them and hit on Fix Selected Issues.
If you are being asked whether you want to have a backup of your registry in the current form, make sure you hit ‘Yes’.
Now, let us discuss five easy ways to download and update Brother Printer Drivers.
- Download Brother printer latest drivers from the official website of Brother
- Updating Brother Printer Drivers through Device Manager
- Updating Brother Printer Drivers automatically
- Updating Brother Printer Drivers manually
- Updating drivers using Driver Update Tools
Brother machine printing wrong colors
Why is my Brother machine printing the wrong colors?
Usually, [Ref. 2] such a situation arises when an ink cartridge is installed in the wrong position. The tube system of the ink gets filled with the cartridge ink when a cartridge is installed. This process prepares the machine for printing.
While installation, in case the position of the cartridge is incorrect, the tube gets filled with the wrong color. This issue can be resolved by cleaning the head of the print. To do this, you need to go through the following methods –
- Confirm the position of the ink cartridges:
- Open the cover of the ink cartridge and ensure that the ink cartridges are in apt order.
- Make sure that the order of the colors is – Black, Yellow, Cyan (Blue), and Magenta.
If the ink cartridges are placed correctly, you need to close the ink cartridge cover and move on to Step 2.
But on the contrary, if the cartridges are not in the right order, then you need to remove the wrongly installed ink cartridges. You can do this by pulling down the release lever and take out the cartridge.
Once, you have taken out the cartridges, you need to reinstall them correctly back in the machine. Make sure you gently push the cartridges in the machine, if you hear the sound of a click then this means that it is correctly installed.
Make sure you close the ink cartridge properly once you have installed the cartridges.
- Once you have closed the cover of the ink cartridge, you will see a message on your LCD saying – Did you change xyz (color), for which you will be given the option to choose from Yes or No. Make sure you hit No. This will assist in keeping the exact data of how much ink is left in the cartridge.
- You need to hit INK on the right side of the touch screen.
- You need to choose Test Print.
- Choose Print Quality.
- To print the Print Quality Check Sheet, you need to hit Color Start.
- Make sure you evaluate the Check Sheet. It is essential that the Check Sheet’s colors should be in a particular order. From left to right, the colors should be – Black, Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta.
- a) Conceding that the colors on the Check Sheet are in the right order and has all the required dashes, then hit Yes and proceed with Step 9.
- b) On the contrary, if the Color Sheet’s colors are not in the right order and missing dashes of Yellow, Magenta or Cyan, make sure you hit No and proceed with Step 8.
- Usually, the machine undergoes a cleaning process. This is needed for the removal of the incorrect color or dried ink from both the print head and ink tubes.
- a) Your LCD will prompt a message saying – Black, Color or All? Verify the Print Quality Check Sheet to make out which color needs to be cleaned. You need to hit Black, Color or All.
- b) This will make the machine to undergo a cleaning process and it usually takes two to three minutes.
- c) Once the cleaning process is complete, there will be a message on the LCD – Hit Start. Hit the key of Black Start. This will print another quality check sheet.
– In case the color of the ink is correct, and all the dashes are also present, you need to hit Yes on the LCD. By printing the document, you can test that the document that had the issue (i.e. printing of the wrong color).
– In case, the colors on the Check Sheet are not in the correct order, and the dashes are also missing, you need to hit No on the LCD. You can repeat the process by going through Step 8a through 8c. You may have to perform this action up to fifteen times so that the print head and ink tubes are properly cleaned.
By printing the document, you can test that the document that had the issue (i.e. printing of the wrong color).
Also Read – How To Update Canon Printer Drivers For Windows 10?
How To Download & Update Brother Printer Drivers Windows 10?
Method 1 –Downloading the drivers from official website
- First steps involve going to Brother Product Support Center
- You need to type the model number of your printer. Once you have done this, you need to hit the Search icon
Or you can also search for your product by its category
- Hit downloads
Choose your operating system under Downloads dialog and hit the Search button
- You need to hit Printer Driver under Drivers Dialog
- Now, you need to hit Agree to the EULA and download
- When you are done, you need to double click .exe file which you have downloaded. To download the driver on your PC/laptop, follow the instructions mentioned on the screen.
Also Read – How to Download Epson Printer Drivers For Windows 10
Method 2–Updating Brother Printer Drivers through Device Manager
- Press Windows key along with R simultaneously. This action will open the Run box.
- You need to open the Device Manager. For this, you need to type devmgmt.msc in the box and press enter.
- You need to locate and expand Printers or Printer Queues dialog. You need to right-click on your particular Brother Printer and select Update Driver Software
- Hit Search automatically for updated driver software
- At this point, Windows will come into action and will detect the update automatically. You have to follow the instructions mentioned on the screen.
Also Read – How To Update Drivers Windows 10 Manually?
Method 3 – Brother printer drivers download automatically
If you have a tight schedule and don’t possess apt skills to update Brother Printer drivers in windows 10 manually, then it can be done automatically with Driver Restore.
Driver Restore automatically identifies your system and look for the correct driver for the printer and also for the Windows version, and it will download and install the correct drivers:
- Download and install Driver Restore
- Run Driver Restore and hit the button of Scan Now.
- Driver Restore will scan your PC/laptop and find out the issues with the Brother Printer drivers.
- Hit the Update button (located adjacent to flagged video driver). This will download the drivers automatically and also install the correct driver version.
Method 4 – Updating Brother Printer Drivers manually
To find the right brother printer Windows 10 driver, you can refer our list of Brother Printer downloads or you can also look for driver archive for the driver as per your printer model and even the operating system of your PC.
In case, if you are not able to find the correct driver for your device, you can also request the correct drivers, and we will arrange them for you. You can also try out the automatic option instead.
Once you have downloaded the driver update, the next step is to install it. There are numerous formats in which the driver updates are available such as – SYS, EXE, ZIP file. No matter which file type you have selected, it has a typical installation procedure.
Method 5 – Updating drivers using Driver Update Tools
- Download Driver Restore – A driver update software for Windows 10
- Once installed, hit the scan button
- You need to be patient and wait for the scan to complete
- Download and install Brother Printer Drivers for Windows 10
Hope, this article provided a solution for your issue.
- – How To Update Drivers Windows 10 Manually?
- – Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter Driver Windows 10
- – Logitech Wireless Mouse Drivers Windows 10 Download
- – Xbox 360 Controller Drivers For Windows 10
- – Update Dell Drivers For Windows 10
- – Update AMD Graphics Driver for Windows 10
- – Update ASUS Drivers For Windows 10
- – Download & Update Acer Drivers For Windows 10
- – Update NVIDIA Drivers in Windows 10